“The direction and teaching of all churches is guided by the beliefs and doctrinal positions held by the pastor. What you hear on a Sunday morning is shaped by what the pastor of the church believes more than any denominational statement of faith. This does not mean that everyone in the church subscribes to or even understands all of the beliefs the pastor holds. It simply gives you a context or framework for viewing the message as it was intended.”
“The statement of beliefs that follows are what I personally accept as truth:
- The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
- There is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19).
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal, future return to the earth in power and glory to rule for a thousand years (John 1:1; Matthew 1:18; Matthew 28:5-6; Revelation 20:4).
- In the Blessed Hope, the soon return of Christ to receive His bride at His coming (Titus 2:13).
- Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential to personal salvation (Titus 3:5).
- In Divine Healing of the human body provided through the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross in answer to believing prayer (1 Peter 2:24).
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit, is given to believers who ask for it, with all the evidence manifested in the book of Acts (Acts 2:4).
- The Church of Jesus Christ is the universal, spiritual body of believers from every tribe, tongue, kindred and race of peoples, and is indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and divinely empowered to fulfill the Great Commission on earth (Ephesians 1:20-23; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Colossians 1:18-19; Revelation 5:9).
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life (Galatians 5:16-25).
- In the resurrection and final judgment of both the saved and the lost (Revelation 20:11-15).
- In the new heavens and the new earth and the holy Jerusalem, the city of God, descending out of heaven and filled with God’s glory (Revelation 21:1-2, 10).”
Jim Keough, Pastor