Why Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our ned, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Pray for Pete Schramm a recent diagnosis of bladder cancer.
- Pray for John & Sylvia Cardone.
- Pray for the family and friends of Katie Gielow. Katie passed away recently,
- Please pray for Debbie Brandreth and family.
- Susan Latham a Villages resident recovering from shoulder surgery.
- Pray for Barb Robertson’s son, Jeff, in the hospital in Ohio in intensive care. He has guillain barre. They are looking forward to his release around Sept. 9th followed by months of rehab.
- Pray for Barry Burtnett. Barry is suffering from a number of health issues. Your prayers for Barry and Judy will be appreciated.
- Please pray for Fran Knoizen and family. Fran fell recently and broke her hip. She has since had surgery, been in ICU and has now been transferred to rehab.
- Please pray for Chad Brunner who is being treated for a form of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Chad is the son of Ron Brunner who has done work at our church.
- Jay Steward from Waterford, Michigan. Pray for him and wife Star. He is recovering from a slight stroke.
- Debra Bailey having surgery for a brain tumor. She is Nancy Doggett’s sister-in-law.
- Dottie Landermann’s brother, Michael Del Colle, has a rare heart disease.
- Please pray for Diane and Sandy’s friend Henrie. She is fighting several health issues and now has a severe case of the shingles.
- Bob and Dottie Turner for a safe trip to their NJ home.
- Ken and Alice Ralph request prayers for their son, daughter-in-law and her mother Pat, in Arkansas, who has a rare form of dementia and is going through a difficult time. Also, prayers for the doctors that they will diagnose her correctly and get her on meds that will help her be more comfortable.
- Kevin Clott who has prostate cancer.
- Hilda Cohen recently released from the hospital and on dialysis.
- Pray for Billy Fields and family. Billy’s Dad, Billy, Sr., passed away recently.
- Robbie Starfursky and family.
- John Srodek recovering from a serious fall.
- Pray for Al who is suffering from Dementia and his family.
- Pray for Henry – a friend of Sandy Hoffmann and Diane Dresback
- Pray for Susan Neiman whose husband passed away recently.
- Pray for Pam Sabo recovering at home from a recent hospitalization.
- Pray for the work of the Wildwood Soup Kitchen and The Christian Food Pantry in Lady Lake they are our September mission projects.
- Pray for Zach DeWitt training at his job.
- Dick Simonet and family
- Milt Wiest health issues.
- The family of Gregg Tomberlin who passed away recently.
- Missionary families around the world.
- The Congregational Church Building Fund.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.