Why Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our need, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Karen Orcutt passed away this evening, 8/6/20, at Cornerstone Hospice. Our sympathy to her family. Karen was a member of our Board of Trustees and a faithful part of our church family. We will miss her kindness and wisdom.
- Pray for Carolyn Baker. She will have a treatment on her hip Thursday 8/6/20.
- Please pray for Bennie Exum’s son, David, who suffers from pulmonary fibrosis. He has a treatment at Mayo Clinic each month.
- Pray for Jerry Starkweather’s long time friend, Les Hartzman, who was diagnosed with lung cancer and is going through chemo and radiation.
- Please pray for Jean Gorney. Jean had a fall at home and broke her left shoulder along with several other painful injuries. Pray for her and husband Bob as she recovers.
- Please pray for Billie Thatcher’s sister, Mary Lou Kovacs. Mary Lou is suffering with severe memory issues. Pray for her and husband Ron.
- Pray for Danny Bethard. Danny is Libby Regan’s nephew and he had a mass successfully removed from one of his kidneys and is now having chemo. Thank you for your prayers and keep praying!
- Please pray for Tom Pannett. Tom is a friend of Mike Howard’s son, Jim, and is currently in rehab.
- Our friend Bill Klenk has passed away at The Villages Hospital while being treated for COVID-19. Ginny Klenk is still under quarantine at home. Your prayers, cards and notes of encouragement and sympathy will be a blessing.
- Pray for Sandy Hoffmann. She is suffering with terrible headaches. Pray for relief from the pain.
- Biff McBee is asking for prayer for a good friend, Bob Huizing. Bob is dealing with cancer and the start of chemotherapy. Also, pray for Bob’s wife Ginny as she seeks to help him through this.
- Please pray for Ken and Alice Ralph. Ken has been going through some difficult days with several health issues. Also, pray for Alice as she provides love and care for Ken. You can mail a card or note of encouragement to: Ken & Alice Ralph, 13031 SE 90th Ct. Road, Summerfield, Fl. 34491.
- Please pray for Leslie Tate, she is the wife of Otto Souder. She is battling cancer and other health issues. Also son, Scott, in Maryville, TN, has MS and recently fell and fractured his sternum. If you want to send a note of encouragement: Leslie Tate, 13670 SE 97th Terrace Rd., Summerfield, Florida 34491.
- Rick Nelli and his wife Diane are asking for prayers for Diane’s daughter, Debbie. Debbie has been dealing with a number of issues and your prayers will be a blessing. Also pray for Diane who will be tested for a breast lump in 2 weeks. Praying for a negative outcome.
- Dawn Keough’s shoulder surgery went very well. She is home from the hospital with home health nurses and physical therapy. Thank you for your prayers.
- Please pray for Jason Mika who has been recently diagnosed with COVID-19. Jason is the husband of Jerry Starkweather’s daughter Alisa. Let’s pray for this couple to beat the virus.
- Pray for Dick Simonet’s grandson and his wife, they are both doctors, they have been infected with COVID-19 and are under treatment.
- Please pray for Allyson, a friend of Diane Dresback, who has an open wounds on her foot and calf which are not healing well.
- Pray for Lisa, a 60 year old woman with breast cancer who is receiving intensive radiation therapy.
- Pray for the family of Camilla who recently died of a heart attack. Diane Dresback lived with Camilla’s family for 10 years.
- Please pray for Carol Spano, a former co-worker of Diane Dresback, whose husband, Dominick Spano, recently passed away.
- Pray for Annelle Gillow who is a patient at The Club, in the Villages. Annelle is the wife of Mary Starkweather’s brother Bill Gillow.
- Prayers are needed for Louise Tucker, the sister of Jean Gorney, who is in the hospital because of stroke and liver problems. Louise had been in rehab but had to return to the hospital. Please pray.
- Pray for Mike Howard who is still in the rehab facility in Michigan.
- Pray for Colin Henderson. Colin is the husband of one of our dedicated Infant & Toddler Pantry volunteers, Ina Henderson. Colin recently had a stent placed for cardiac issues.
- Pray for Louis Turner, a cousin of Mary Ellen Kresel, who is suffering from cancer. He is home and receiving physical therapy. Thank you for your prayers.
- Ann Ellenwood, a neighbor of Virginia Hampton, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is having chemo treatments. Please pray for Ann.
- Please pray for Bev Huey, a friend of Cathy Reitmyer, who has been diagnosed with kidney failure and had a recent heart procedure.
- Pray for the necessary reforms to be brought about that will establish unity and justice for all citizens of our country. May economic justice, police reform and an end to racism be established.
- Pray for the families of the police officers and individuals who have been killed in the recent violence in our country. Pray for the store and business owners who have lost everything to the senseless violence of the last few weeks
- Pray for peace to return to the cities and towns of our country. Pray to stop the violence, looting and hatred. Give our leaders the wisdom to take the actions necessary to restore order.
- Please pray for Jerry and Lisa Sears from Michigan who were severely injured in an explosion at their vacation cabin.
- Please pray for Cathy Kivitt, the sister-in-law of Charles and Kathy Kivitt, she is battling cancer and other health issues. Pray for healing, comfort and strength.
- Continue to pray for Ed Schneitzer. Ed is having chemo treatments for cancer. A tumor between his esophagus and stomach. It is incurable. but they hope to bring it under control.
- Please pray for Frank Szczpanski who is suffering with an ongoing lung infection.
- Please pray for Roger Marvin. He has been placed in Hospice care where he fell and broke his hip. He and his wife, Shirley, need our prayers.
- Cathy Reitmyer, recovering from heart issues. Please pray for Cathy and her Mom (Rose).
- Pray for the many people around the world who are suffering from the coronavirus. Pray to stop the spread of this virus, halt the panic, heal the many children and elderly it is afflicting.
- Carol Carlson. Pray for Carol who is having health issues. Carol is one of our Infant & Toddler volunteers and church family. Her husband Oakley also needs our prayers.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.
- Pray for the success of our new church programs: The Memorial Garden, The Infant and Toddler Literacy Program and The Organ Fund. Thank you.