Why Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our ned, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Bob Turner is having exploratory surgery tomorrow, Tuesday, at the Sharon Morris Center. Please pray for Bob and Dottie to get a good report and a treatment path to health.
- Ken and Alice Ralph request prayers for their son, daughter-in-law and her mother Pat, in Arkansas, who has a rare form of dementia and is going through a difficult time. Also, prayers for the doctors that they will diagnose her correctly and get her on meds that will help her be more comfortable.
- Kevin Clott who has prostate cancer.
- Hilda Cohen in the hospital with congestive heart and kidney failure.
- Maxine Johnson, from Michigan, is waiting for results of medical tests.
- Susan Lerke is back in the hospital with COPD, also Susan’s mother who is recovering from a fracture in her back.
- Pray for Mike and Barb Howard having a difficult time in Michigan.
- Tara Brown difficulty with a Pregnancy.
- Pray for Billy Fields as he starts a new Sound Tech job.
- Robbie Starfursky and family.
- John Srodek recovering from a serious fall.
- Pray for Al who is suffering from Dementia and his family.
- Pray for Henry – a friend of Sandy Hoffmann and Diane Dresback
- Pray for Susan Neiman whose husband passed away recently.
- Pray for Pam Sabo recovering at home from a recent hospitalization.
- Pray for the work of LOVE Inc. our June Mission.
- Pray for Zach DeWitt training at his job.
- Dick Simonet and family
- Milt Wiest health issues.
- The family of Gregg Tomberlin who passed away recently.
- Missionary families around the world.
- The Congregational Church Building Fund.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.