Why Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our need, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Please pray for the family of Barbara Hatfield. Barbara passed away at Leesburg Regional Hospital recently. Barb and her husband Bob have been part of our church family for some time. Also, pray for their children and friends. Rest in peace dear friend.
- Please pray for the family of George Floyd who was killed in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Pray that people will stop using the memory of this man as an excuse for hatred and violence.
- Pray for the families of the police officers and individuals who have been killed in the recent violence in our country. Pray for the store and business owners who have lost everything to the senseless violence of the last few days.
- Pray for peace to return to the cities and towns of our country. Pray to stop the violence, looting and hatred. Give our leaders the wisdom to take the actions necessary to restore order.
- Please pray for Jerry and Lisa Sears from Michigan who were severely injured in an explosion at their vacation cabin.
- Please pray for Cathy Kivitt, the sister-in-law of Charles and Kathy Kivitt, she is battling cancer and other health issues. Pray for healing, comfort and strength.
- Please pray for 16 year old Kinsey Bogart. Kinsey has a variety of health issues and continuing treatments. Also, pray for her parents Holly and Damon who provide this dear girl with constant love and care. The Bogarts are neighbors of Heidi and Rusty Allen.
- Continue to pray for Ed Schneitzer. Ed is having chemo treatments for cancer. A tumor between his esophagus and stomach. It is incurable. but they hope to bring it under control.
- Please pray for Frank Szczpanski who is suffering with an ongoing lung infection.
- Please pray for Roger Marvin. He has been having several weeks of health issues. Recently he had a fall and suffered a broken hip. Roger and his wife, Shirley, need our prayers.
- Please pray for Jane Katsune. Jane is fighting valiantly against cancer. She and Tony are in Wisconsin. They appreciate very much the kind thoughts, prayers and cards.
- Cathy Reitmyer, recovering from heart issues. Please pray for Cathy and her Mom (Rose).
- Please pray for Joan Abbett, a friend of Penny and Dave Zwicker. Joan has cancer and recently had a kidney and her bladder removed in a Boston Hospital. Her husband Mark is caring for her and they both need our prayers.
- Please pray for Maggie, great niece of Virginia Hampton. Maggie is having problems with alcohol and being bi-polar.
- Pray for Judy Thiemke. Former Villages resident and good friend.
- Please pray for Karin Roosa still needs our prayers and encouragement. She is receiving chemo treatments. She appreciates everyone’s prayers and cards.
- Please pray for David Feustel. David is the 1st cousin of Steve Feustel. He has tested negative for COVID-19 but remains a patient in a nursing home in Fort Wayne, IN. David needs assistance as a result of a stroke. Continue to remember him in your prayers.
- Pray for the many people around the world who are suffering from the coronavirus. Pray to stop the spread of this virus, halt the panic, heal the many children and elderly it is afflicting. Mike
- Howard. Mike is still in rehab in Michigan.
- Carol Carlson. Pray for Carol who is having health issues. Carol is one of our Infant & Toddler volunteers and church family. Her husband Oakley also needs our prayers.
- Jimmy Wigner. Carol and Gale Wigner’s son, Jimmy is still fighting against bladder cancer.
- Anthony Gorney. Bladder cancer. Requested by Bob and Jean Gorney.
- Cheryl Reynolds. Karen Lewis has asked for prayers for Cheryl. She is fighting several severe health issues.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.