Why Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our ned, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Please pray for Bill and Helga York. Former members and good friends of our church family. Bill has been in and out of the hospital for a month. Currently in rehab. Helga also needs our prayers as she continues to take care of him.
- Pray for the family and friends of Rev. Paul Marsteller who passed away recently.
- Pray for Fred Schwar battling cancer and his wife Mickey.
- Pray for the family and friends of Rev. Bruce Walthour who passed away recently.
- Pray for Jimmy Wigner starting chemo for bladder cancer.
- Pray for Janice Nystrom working with oncologist and pain management.
- Pray for Harry Moore in Michigan. Auto accident.
- Pray for Joan Testa having chemo treatments and recovering from cancer.
- Pray for Pete Schramm a recent diagnosis of bladder cancer.
- Pray for Chris Colegrove suffering with shingles.
- Susan Latham a Village’s resident recovering from shoulder surgery.
- Pray for Barry Burtnett. Barry is suffering from a number of health issues. Your prayers for Barry and Judy will be appreciated.
- Please pray for Chad Brunner who is being treated for a form of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Chad is the son of Ron Brunner who has done work at our church.
- Jay Steward from Waterford, Michigan. Pray for him and wife Star.
- Debra Bailey receiving care for a brain tumor. She is Nancy Doggett’s sister-in-law.
- Dottie Landermann’s brother, Michael Del Colle, has a rare heart disease.
- Please pray for Diane and Sandy’s friend Henrie. She is fighting several health issues.
- Bob and Dottie Turner moving to their NJ home.
- Pray for Ken and Alice Ralph
- Pray for all those who are suffering from Dementia and their families.
- Pray for Henry – a friend of Sandy Hoffmann and Diane Dresback
- Pray for the work the success of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Fund 2020.
- Pray for Zach DeWitt training at his job.
- Dick Simonet and family
- Missionary families around the world.
- The Congregational Church Building Fund.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.