15 year oWhy Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our ned, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Please pray for Gene Shober. Gene is a childhood friend of Jim Keough and is in the Reading Hospital with extreme respiratory problems. The Coronavirus test ressults are pending.
- Pray for the many people around the world who are suffering from the coronavirus. Pray to stop the spread of this virus, halt the panic, heal the many children and elderly it is afflicting.
- Please pray for Josh. Josh is a 14 year old in Alabama who has a very serious illness. He is currently in ICU and very sick. Pray for Josh and his parents during this difficult time. They are friends of Bill and Ginny Klenk.
- Please pray for Biff McBee who has shingles. They are very bad on the upper half of his body. Pray for relief and healing.
- Pray for Kathy Janson. Bob and Kathy Janson are very active in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship program and Bob works with My Time For Free Time a memory care program. Kathy will be having serious back surgery in Orlando at the end of March.
- Please pray for Karin Roosa. Her report from her recent medical tests was encouraging however, she still needs our prayers and encouragement.
- Ron Ream. In Leesburg Hospital with heart problems. Please pray. Requested by Diana Shimpeno.
- Danielle Akers. A high risk pregnancy. Pray for protection for mother and unborn child. Danielle is a long time friend of Jim and Dawn Keough.
- Ron Rice. Recovering from triple bypass surgery. Requested by Dale & Mary Ann Barton.
- Carolyn Baker. Pray for Carolyn who is going through some difficult health issues.
- Shirley Holland. Please pray for Shirley and her family. They lost their 40 year old son recently. Request submitted by Bennie Exum.
- Paul and Doris Rosene. Pray for Doris who is in poor health and for Dr. Paul, her husband. They are friends of Bob and Harriet Dawson. The Rosenes have been a blessing to many in the handbell and chime community.
- Please pray for everyone who has been impacted by the tornadoes in Tennessee. The loss of life and injuries has been devastating to scores of people. Property damage will take years to repair.
- Mike Howard. Mike is in rehab in Michigan. He had surgery recently and is recovering.
- Ed Schneitzer. Fighting cancer. Pray for him and wife Betty. They are in Venice, Florida
- Carol Carlson. Pray for Carol who is having health issues and going through blood testing to find the cause of her problem. Carol is one of our Infant & Toddler volunteers and church family.
- Pray for 15 year old Rita in Brazil, who has the difficult responsibility of caring for her younger brother with Down syndrome. Pray for grace and strength.
Jimmy Wigner. Carol and Gale Wigner’s son, Jimmy is receiving chemo treatments.
- Lynn Rife. Complications from blood cancer. Requested by Harriet Dawson.
- Joe Donavan. Fell and broke several ribs. Requested by Pam and Dan Sabo.
- Judy Wilbur. Fell and broke hip. Requested by Carolina Reid.
- Kym Rupp. Heart problems. Requested by Libby and Gil Regan.
- Anthony Gorney. Bladder cancer. Requested by Bob and Jean Gorney.
Cheryl Reynolds. Karen Lewis has asked for prayers for Cheryl whois receiving chemo for stage one cancer.
- John Srodek. Fell in assisted living. Requested by Ginny Klenk.
Helen Srodek heart valve replacement. Friend of Ginny Klenk.
- Allyson Picard. The daughter of Jim and Ann Denholm.Allyson is improving after back surgery.
- Jacky Estes. Jacky is having some serious pain related to her battle with cancer.
- Darla Webb. Darla had back surgery and continues to rehab. Pray for pain relief and healing.
- Sheila Hall. Sheila is receiving chemotherapy for recently diagnosed cancer. Please pray for her and husband, Howard.
- Pray for all those who are suffering from Dementia and their families.
- Missionary families around the world.
- The Congregational Church Building Fund.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.