Why Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our need, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Please pray for Barb Robertson. Her husband, Dean E. Robertson, passed away suddenly this morning 9/16/20. Pray for Barb and family as they go through this difficult time.
- Ginny Klenk is asking for prayers for her dear friend Billie. Billie was taken to the hospital by ambulance because of intestinal blockage and that’s when the doctors discovered a tumor. Pray that the blockage is not cancer.
- Please pray for Gail Meloni, a friend of Bonnie & Cory Pearson. She seeks a miracle as she undergoes testing for lung cancer.
- Sally Gillies, a friend and from Michigan, is having procedures and treatments for stage 3 cancer. Please pray for Sally to have strength, hope and healing.
- Please pray for Summer Ingalls. Summer is going through an extreme health crisis and needs our prayers. Summer lives in Massachusetts.
- Please pray for Terry and Cindy Robinson’s son, Nathan and grandson, Ethan. They have both tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please pray for Tami Blaze. Tami has worked in our Infant & Toddler Pantry. She has been bravely battling health issues for several years. She recently was knocked down by an aggressive dog. She has a broken arm, stiches in her finger and soreness. Some cards and notes of encouragement would be helpful along with your prayers. Tami Blaze, 180 Palermo, The Villages, FL, 32159 Thank you.
- Pray for Tony Katsune. Tony will be having a surgical procedure on his aorta at a hospital in Wisconsin. He is hoping to be back in Florida, following recovery, in October.
Cindy Robinson’s mother, Evelyn Billing, passed away this morning, 9/12/20, in Ohio. Cindy and Terry are there to be with her. Please pray Cindy and Terry during this difficult time.
- Nancy Doggett will be having cancer surgery on October 7th. Keep praying for Nancy.
- Please pray for Pam Albright. Pam, age 50, is an elementary school teacher in Michigan. Pam is in the hospital on a ventilator battling COVID-19.
- Please pray for Ginny Klenk’s neighbor Bob who has recently returned home from Moffitt Cancer Center after a scary reaction to one of his medications.
- Ken Ralph passed away on Monday, August 24th. Our sympathy to his wife Alice and to his son Michael and daughter-in-law Lindley. Plans for a Celebration of Life will be announced at a future date. Cards and notes of sympathy can be sent to Alice Ralph, 13031 SE 90th Ct. Road, Summerfield, FL 34491.
- Please pray for Michelle Mindak Makas. Michelle had cancer surgery recently in New Orleans and is now back home in Florida recuperating.
- Please pray for Joe and Penny Stinton’s daughter, Amy, she recently had surgery and is recovering at home.
- Pray for Bob Mitchell, Annelle Baird’s cousin, who has been diagnosed with cancer and is receiving treatments. He is 87 years old and lives in Lexington, KY.
- Continue to pray for Cathy Reitmyer as she is recovering from heart issues. Please pray for Cathy and her Mom (Rose).
- Ann Ellenwood, a neighbor of Virginia Hampton, will be finishing her chemo therapy soon and will begin radiation treatments in September.
- Pray for Shirley Boothroyd. Shirley is a member of our Mission Board and is going through a difficult time with health issues.
- Pray for Carolyn Baker. She is having pain in her hip and is receiving treatment.
- Please pray for Bennie Exum’s son, David, who suffers from pulmonary fibrosis. He has a treatment at Mayo Clinic each month.
- Pray for Jerry Starkweather’s long time friend, Les Hartzman, who was diagnosed with lung cancer and is going through chemo and radiation.
- Please pray for Jean Gorney. Jean had a fall at home and broke her left shoulder along with several other painful injuries. Pray for her and husband Bob as she recovers.
- Please pray for Billie Thatcher’s sister, Mary Lou Kovacs. Mary Lou is suffering with severe memory issues. Pray for her and husband Ron.
- Pray for Danny Bethard. Danny is Libby Regan’s nephew and he had a mass successfully removed from one of his kidneys and is now having chemo. Thank you for your prayers and keep praying!
- Please pray for Tom Pannett. Tom is a friend of Mike Howard’s son, Jim, and is currently in rehab.
- Continue to pray for our friend Ginny Klenk after the loss of her husband, Bill Klenk.
- Pray for Sandy Hoffmann. She is suffering with terrible headaches. Pray for relief from the pain.
- Biff McBee is asking for prayer for a good friend, Bob Huizing. Bob is dealing with cancer and the start of chemotherapy. Also, pray for Bob’s wife Ginny as she seeks to help him through this.
- Please pray for Leslie Tate, she is the wife of Otto Souder. She is battling cancer and other health issues. Also son, Scott, in Maryville, TN, has MS and recently fell and fractured his sternum. If you want to send a note of encouragement: Leslie Tate, 13670 SE 97th Terrace Rd., Summerfield, Florida 34491.
- Pray for Annelle Gillow is recovering at home. Annelle is the wife of Mary Starkweather’s brother Bill Gillow.
- Prayers are needed for Louise Tucker, the sister of Jean Gorney, who has been suffering due to a stroke and liver problems.
- Pray for Mike Howard who recently had successful surgery on his arm. Mike is still in the rehab facility in Michigan.
- Please pray for Bev Huey, a friend of Cathy Reitmyer, who has been diagnosed with kidney failure and had a recent heart procedure.
- Pray for the necessary reforms to be brought about that will establish unity and justice for all citizens of our country. May economic justice, police reform and an end to racism be established.
- Pray for the families of the police officers and individuals who have been killed in the recent violence in our country. Pray for the store and business owners who have lost everything to the senseless violence of the last few weeks
- Pray for peace to return to the cities and towns of our country. Pray to stop the violence, looting and hatred. Give our leaders the wisdom to take the actions necessary to restore order.
- Please pray for Cathy Kivitt, the sister-in-law of Charles and Kathy Kivitt, she is battling cancer and other health issues. Pray for healing, comfort and strength.
- Please pray for Frank Szczpanski who is suffering with an ongoing lung infection.
- Please pray for Roger Marvin. He has been placed in Hospice care where he fell and broke his hip. He and his wife, Shirley, need our prayers.
- Pray for the many people around the world who are suffering from the coronavirus. Pray to stop the spread of this virus, halt the panic, heal the many children and elderly it is afflicting.
- Carol Carlson. Pray for Carol who is having health issues. Carol is one of our Infant & Toddler volunteers and church family. Her husband Oakley also needs our prayers.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.
- Pray for the success of our new church programs: The Memorial Garden, The Infant and Toddler Literacy Program and The Organ Fund. Thank you.