Why Do We Pray?
Prayer is the practice of the presence of God. It is the place where pride is abandoned, hope is lifted, and supplication is made. Prayer is the place of admitting our ned, of adopting humility, and claiming dependence upon God. Prayer is the needful practice of the Christian. Prayer is the exercise of faith and hope. Prayer is the privilege of touching the heart of the Father through His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8
“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:6-7
Father, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.
Please Pray for The Following:
- Larry Hutchinson is in the ICU at The Villages Hospital and is on a ventilator. He is in serious condition and on dialysis for severe kidney damage. Please pray for Larry and his family.
- Please pray for Karen Orcutt’s grandson, Casey Kirsch. He is having serious heart valve surgery.
- Pray for B. K. McBee who is having cancer surgery.
- Please pray for Dottie Landermann’s brother, Michael DelColle, he fell at home and received a head injury. Michael is 86 years old and in serious condition.
- Steve Revis, son-in-law of Gil Regan, heart cath on December 19th.
- Pray for Mark Lewis who recently fell and broke his pelvis. Mark lives in Vermont.
- Please pray for David Meltzer, Bill Lewis’ nephew, he was diagnosed with ALS.
- Mary Starkweather’s cousin, Judy and her husband Don. They lost everything in the recent California fires.
- Pray for all those who live in California that are currently being affected by these horrible wild fires.
- Carl Nystrom recuperating at home from surgery.
- Martha Jacobson who is in rehab at The Villages Rehab.
- Tamie Blaze
- Gale Wigner recovering from the effects of a stroke.
- Please pray for Barbara Howard who fell and injured her leg. She is recently home from rehab in Michigan.
- Please keep Barbara and Mike in your prayers.Sandy Peterson surgery for a brain tumor.
- Rick Hoffman recovering from shoulder surgery and his wife, Diane, who is recovering from kidney surgery.
- Jack Baird who is having chemo and radiation treatments. Pray for Jack and Annelle.
- Herie G. battling multiple health issues.
- Danielle G. battling financial issues.
- Crystal Bossard brain surgery in Cincinnati. Pray for her and her family and friends.
- Bennie Sue Exum suffering with pneumonia.
- Joan DiCioccio recovering from back surgery at Freedom Point.
- Patsy Corbin having hip surgery and recovery.
- Janet Doggett needs a liver transplant.
- Julie Prahler various health issues.
- Marth Jacobson at The Villages Rehab
- Patsy Corbin recovering from recent hip surgery.
- Sally Barber
- Nancy Broz has stopped chemo treatments for a while due to some serious complications. She is also in atrial fib and is currently in a rehab facility.
- Jim Wigner, the son of Gale & Carol Wigner, has had a cancer recurrence and will have treatments.
- Kerm and Barb’s cousin Bonnie Gargus. Bonnie has third stage throat cancer.
- Melinda Scrubbs – a young mother of 2 young boys ages 4 & 6 who is preparing for a heart transplant.
- Judi Hecht, who is dealing with a major eye issue
- Diana Walker battling lung cancer and the recent loss of her mother.
- Marilyn Moore recovering from serious surgery and going through rehab.
- Carol Mace recovering from hip surgery and in considerable pain.
- Pray for Rick Fornander battling some difficult health issues.
- Gloria Meacham having treatments.
- During the month of October our monthly mission is The Leesburg Salvation Army and their upcoming Thanksgiving Dinner program. Please pray for the work and staff of both these outreaches.
- Missionary families around the world.
- The Congregational Church Building Fund.
- The children who visit our Infant and Toddler Pantry and their families.